Friday, June 22, 2012

My Bucket List

Happy 39th Birthday to me!  Insert blank face, screetching of the tires, call to 911..........did I just say 39?!?!

I had a really hard time turning 30.  A REALLY HARD TIME!  I thought that 40 would be better.  Apparently I am in for a year of anxiety!  How is that possible?  Almost 10 years have passed and I am turning 39? 

I find that my first reaction is to be sad.  I am faced with the reality that my life is 1/2 over.  Everyday that ticks by is another day closer to not having my parents around. I have done ALOT in 10 years, been through more than the average joe but probably not as much as others.  I have had 2 amazing daughters!  At 29 I didn't think I could have children and was battling infertility.  That in itself is a miracle.  I need to be grateful and proud of all that I have accomplished.  With that said, I have also decided to make a Bucket List for the last 1/2 of my life.  I realize that some of these things that are listed won't happen, but a girl can dream.  And how much more easier can I make birthday, anniversary, Christmas and "just because I love you" gift ideas for my husband?  Eh?

  • Go to Paris
  • Go on a WHOLE family vacation with my parents and brother
  • Meet my grandchildren
  • Go to Fiji
  • Do a mission trip
  • Raise happy & humble women
  • Have an inground pool and hot tub
  • See Mount Rushmore
  • Take in a Broadway show
  • See a whale in the wild
  • Meet Ophra Winfrey
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Obtain a degree or trade
  • Have wild flowers line our fence row
  • Go to the Statue of Liberty with my Mom
  • Build a sunroom on my house
  • Hear my girls say that I did a good job raising them
  • Ride up the West Coast line
  • Go to San Fransisco
  • Cheer on my kids as they participate in something they excel in
  • Offer forgiveness more and hold grudges less
  • Go to Alaska
  • Meet Kenny Chesney (which would also include a concert)
  • Have a cleaning lady
  • Visit Yellowstone
  • Have a relationship with my niece & nephew that mirrors relationships that I have with my aunts & uncles. 
  • Go to the Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio d Janerio in Brazil
  • Have that house where all the kids want to hang out at
  • Sponsor/mentor a struggling child in my area
  • Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment